Flying Monkey Discs brings you disc golf adventures, ramblings, and reviews.

Labels

21.12.09

Ching Precision

 
 

So i played a full round without drivers today... and did a couple strokes better than my average, lets just not say what that is.

I used the Ching Precision for about 30% of my throws... mostly drives and long approaches as I rely on my wizards and magics for everything else. But I got a pretty good feel for the Ching Precision. Aside from the thumb divots, it flies identical to a Buzzz. Somewhere between a Pro D and Elite Z in stability.

At first glance, the divots seem to be in different places to accommodate different hand sizes. But they can also be used to set up different angles and lines. As your thumb gets closer to the center of the disc, the angle gets higher (anhyzer). As your thumb gets closer to the rim, the angle of the disc drops down (hyzer). I made every line I ever tried to make with a Buzzz... but with a lot more Precision... hey oh! I am not trying to knock on the Buzzz, but I spent 3 months trying my hardest to like the Buzzz and I couldn't do it. It wasn't the Buzzz, it was me, the Buzz truly holds whatever line you put it on, and I was too inconsistent to put the right line on the disc. The divots in the Precision helped me fix those problems, kind of like a Buzzz with training wheels. Its only 8 bucks in the Power plastic which is pretty much Pro D... its worth the try.

No comments:

Post a Comment